LA CROSSE, Wis. - A temporary road closure in La Crosse that was set to begin Monday has been canceled.
The City of La Crosse Public Works Department says Ward Avenue from Losey Boulevard to 32nd Street was supposed to be closed to thru traffic so the BNSK Railroad could work on the rail crossing.
La Crosse Public Works Director Dale Hexom says the cancelation was more to do with the number of trains scheduled to be on the track than the snow cover.
There's no word on when the project will be rescheduled.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering