LA CROSSE, Wis. - A temporary road closure in La Crosse that was set to begin Monday has been canceled.
The City of La Crosse Public Works Department says Ward Avenue from Losey Boulevard to 32nd Street was supposed to be closed to thru traffic so the BNSK Railroad could work on the rail crossing.
La Crosse Public Works Director Dale Hexom says the cancelation was more to do with the number of trains scheduled to be on the track than the snow cover.
There's no word on when the project will be rescheduled.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.