MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - A teenager has been sentenced to four years in prison for a Manitowoc County crash that killed two young passengers.
Zachary Gauthier, 18, will also serve 10 years of extended supervision for two counts of homicide by negligent operation of a vehicle. WOMT reports Zachary Zahn and Chelsie Harding, both 16, were killed last March when Gauthier lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree in the Town of Manitowoc.
When Gauthier is released from prison, Judge Gary Bendix ordered him to visit the graves of the victims and speak to school groups about the dangers of reckless driving.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington