MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - A teenager has been sentenced to four years in prison for a Manitowoc County crash that killed two young passengers.
Zachary Gauthier, 18, will also serve 10 years of extended supervision for two counts of homicide by negligent operation of a vehicle. WOMT reports Zachary Zahn and Chelsie Harding, both 16, were killed last March when Gauthier lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree in the Town of Manitowoc.
When Gauthier is released from prison, Judge Gary Bendix ordered him to visit the graves of the victims and speak to school groups about the dangers of reckless driving.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial