WATERFORD, Wis. (AP) - Racine County sheriff's officials are adding extra patrols near Waterford schools after a possible child abduction attempt.
A 15-year-old girl walking home in Waterford Wednesday afternoon says a man got out of his car, started yelling and tried to grab her. The teen says she started screaming and broke free.
The girl told authorities say the man was driving an older model Buick Regal. WISN-TV reports the teen said the man was white, about 6 feet tall, 180 to 200 pounds with a scruffy brown beard.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather