WATERFORD, Wis. (AP) - Racine County sheriff's officials are adding extra patrols near Waterford schools after a possible child abduction attempt.
A 15-year-old girl walking home in Waterford Wednesday afternoon says a man got out of his car, started yelling and tried to grab her. The teen says she started screaming and broke free.
The girl told authorities say the man was driving an older model Buick Regal. WISN-TV reports the teen said the man was white, about 6 feet tall, 180 to 200 pounds with a scruffy brown beard.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death