FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - A judge has ordered a Fond du Lac County teenager to stand trial on charges he shot a young girl with an arrow.
Sixteen-year-old Casey Bennett was in adult court Friday for his preliminary hearing. Bennett is charged with second-degree reckless injury and obstructing an officer.
Bennett told authorities he was shooting at squirrels in May when an arrow hit 7-year-old Aryanna Schneeberg in the back. The girl was playing outside her Campbellsport home. She suffered serious injuries, but survived.
WLUK-TV reports no date has been set for Bennett's next court appearance.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership