FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - A judge has ordered a Fond du Lac County teenager to stand trial on charges he shot a young girl with an arrow.
Sixteen-year-old Casey Bennett was in adult court Friday for his preliminary hearing. Bennett is charged with second-degree reckless injury and obstructing an officer.
Bennett told authorities he was shooting at squirrels in May when an arrow hit 7-year-old Aryanna Schneeberg in the back. The girl was playing outside her Campbellsport home. She suffered serious injuries, but survived.
WLUK-TV reports no date has been set for Bennett's next court appearance.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing