TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - A teenager is facing charges in Trempealeau County where he's accused of leading officers on a chase and hitting a squad car.
Trempealeau police say they tried to pull 19-year-old Austin Ratkus over Saturday night, but he wouldn't stop.
Officers chased him, and speeds reached more than 100 miles per hour. Authorities say Ratkus hit a police cruiser twice during the chase, which lasted for about 17 minutes.
Ratkus eventually pulled over and three passengers jumped out. Ratkus was arrested and taken to jail.
The incident is under investigation.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run