TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - A teenager is facing charges in Trempealeau County where he's accused of leading officers on a chase and hitting a squad car.
Trempealeau police say they tried to pull 19-year-old Austin Ratkus over Saturday night, but he wouldn't stop.
Officers chased him, and speeds reached more than 100 miles per hour. Authorities say Ratkus hit a police cruiser twice during the chase, which lasted for about 17 minutes.
Ratkus eventually pulled over and three passengers jumped out. Ratkus was arrested and taken to jail.
The incident is under investigation.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US