TOWN OF COON, WI - A teenage boy is recovering after a single vehicle crash in the Town of Coon Wednesday night.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says the 17 year old went off Dodson Hollow Road just after 7 p.m. when trying to go around a corner, went down a steep embankment, and hit a tree. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and both of the vehicle's airbags went off.
The teen suffered an injury to his left leg, but was able to get out of the vehicle and walk to a nearby house for help. Tri-State Ambulance took him to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration