TOWN OF COON, WI - A teenage boy is recovering after a single vehicle crash in the Town of Coon Wednesday night.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says the 17 year old went off Dodson Hollow Road just after 7 p.m. when trying to go around a corner, went down a steep embankment, and hit a tree. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and both of the vehicle's airbags went off.
The teen suffered an injury to his left leg, but was able to get out of the vehicle and walk to a nearby house for help. Tri-State Ambulance took him to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance