MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Madison teenager has been found guilty of killing a man during a gang war in 2011.
A Dane County jury delivered the verdict for, 19-year-old Demitrius Matticx, who was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide and three counts of first-degree reckless endangerment in a parking lot shooting that killed 20-year-old Jonathan Wilson. Matticx faces a mandatory life sentence. A judge will decide whether the teen will be eligible for supervised release.
The State Journal reports prosecutors say Matticx brought a loaded shotgun to a gang meeting before the shooting and told others afterward that he had shot and possibly killed someone.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract