MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Madison teenager has been found guilty of killing a man during a gang war in 2011.
A Dane County jury delivered the verdict for, 19-year-old Demitrius Matticx, who was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide and three counts of first-degree reckless endangerment in a parking lot shooting that killed 20-year-old Jonathan Wilson. Matticx faces a mandatory life sentence. A judge will decide whether the teen will be eligible for supervised release.
The State Journal reports prosecutors say Matticx brought a loaded shotgun to a gang meeting before the shooting and told others afterward that he had shot and possibly killed someone.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday