LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse seems to be recognized around the state for a lot of different reasons.
It can now add "best tasting water in the state" to the list. At least that's according to the Wisconsin Rural Water Association.
The city was presented with the award Monday.
La Crosse was chosen through a taste test of 30 samples at the association's annual conference.
The city's utility manager says it's not the first time he's heard people like water. "Family members and things like that that come to the city, come to La Crosse, comment on the taste and the quality and everything that goes into it. So I think it's real as far as people's perception on what good water should taste like," said Mark Johnson.
The utilities manager says this isn't the first time for the recognition. La Crosse won the award about three years ago, and a different taste test a few years prior.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death