MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Here's a sure sign of spring -- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin is set to re-open in a few weeks.
The architect's private 600-acre estate just outside Spring Green will open for pre-season tours on April 6. The two-hour tours include a shuttle bus ride past a number of structures and a walking tour through Taliesin's courtyards, orchard, water garden and Wright's newly restored personal studio.
The tours will run on Saturdays and Sundays in April at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tickets cost $20 for adults and $10 for children under 12.
Full tours will begin on May 1.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration