MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Here's a sure sign of spring -- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin is set to re-open in a few weeks.
The architect's private 600-acre estate just outside Spring Green will open for pre-season tours on April 6. The two-hour tours include a shuttle bus ride past a number of structures and a walking tour through Taliesin's courtyards, orchard, water garden and Wright's newly restored personal studio.
The tours will run on Saturdays and Sundays in April at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tickets cost $20 for adults and $10 for children under 12.
Full tours will begin on May 1.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student