MEQUON, Wis. (AP) - Classes will go forward as scheduled at Lake Shore Middle School in the Milwaukee suburb of Mequon after a suspicious find turned out to be harmless.
An object resembling a pipe bomb was found during a cleanup in the wood shop of the school Sunday afternoon, but it turned out to be an empty piece of pipe capped at both ends. The Milwaukee County Bomb Squad moved the pipe to a safe location and detonated it.
Officials say the pipe appeared to be discarded plumbing parts and not an attempt to build a pipe bomb.
A second search of the building was conducted after the disposal of the object, and nothing else suspicious was discovered.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death