LAKE DELTON, Wis. (AP) - A Minnesota man suspected of abducting his 2-year-old son has been arrested in Wisconsin. The boy wasn't hurt.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says the man's vehicle was spotted traveling westbound near Lake Delton on Sunday about 2 p.m. A trooper pulled him over and arrested him without incident.
Minnesota authorities say the 33-year-old man broke into a St. Louis Park house through the back door Sunday about 1 a.m. He allegedly assaulted the boy's mother and fled with the child, and authorities believed he was heading for New York or Florida.
He was arrested in Lake Delton, which is about 220 miles southeast of St. Louis Park.
The state patrol says the child was safe and napping in the back seat. Authorities made arrangements to reunite him with his mother.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.