LAKE DELTON, Wis. (AP) - A Minnesota man suspected of abducting his 2-year-old son has been arrested in Wisconsin. The boy wasn't hurt.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says the man's vehicle was spotted traveling westbound near Lake Delton on Sunday about 2 p.m. A trooper pulled him over and arrested him without incident.
Minnesota authorities say the 33-year-old man broke into a St. Louis Park house through the back door Sunday about 1 a.m. He allegedly assaulted the boy's mother and fled with the child, and authorities believed he was heading for New York or Florida.
He was arrested in Lake Delton, which is about 220 miles southeast of St. Louis Park.
The state patrol says the child was safe and napping in the back seat. Authorities made arrangements to reunite him with his mother.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building