MILWAUKEE (AP) - Police say an off-duty Milwaukee detective shot a suspect during an armed robbery attempt.
Authorities say the detective was approached by a suspect armed with a handgun who demanded valuables from the officer about 6 p.m. Sunday. The detective pulled out a gun and shot the suspect, who ran from the scene.
Police say the suspect later walked into a nearby grocery store for help. He was taken to a local hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Officials say the suspect is a 17-year-old Milwaukee resident.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands