MILWAUKEE (AP) - Police say an off-duty Milwaukee detective shot a suspect during an armed robbery attempt.
Authorities say the detective was approached by a suspect armed with a handgun who demanded valuables from the officer about 6 p.m. Sunday. The detective pulled out a gun and shot the suspect, who ran from the scene.
Police say the suspect later walked into a nearby grocery store for help. He was taken to a local hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Officials say the suspect is a 17-year-old Milwaukee resident.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing