JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - A Janesville man accused of jumping into someone else's group photo at a club and sparking a fight that resulted in a shooting is due in court.
Thamar K. Harper is charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide. The 29-year-old has an initial appearance scheduled for Friday afternoon.
Prosecutors say a 23-year-old man was trying to take a group photo last weekend when Harper jumped into the frame. The criminal complaint says Harper and the group began fighting, and security asked them to leave.
The complaint says Harper followed three of the men back to their cars, and then fired a gun into the car where the victim was seated. The victim was shot about six times and injured.
A call to Harper's public defender late Thursday rang unanswered.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay