HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Surveillance video shows the confrontation between a Holmen business owner and an intruder.
37-year-old Amy Zielke is accused of breaking into Gibbons Auto Service early Monday morning.
The owner of the business, Dave Gibbons, lives above the shop and says he heard a car pull in.
He went downstairs to confront Zielke after he saw her on security cameras. The video shows Zielke was wearing a hood over her head.
Gibbons says Zielke dropped a crowbar and he shot her in the leg.
Zielke was arrested and treated at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. She's since been released and is in the La Crosse Co. Jail.
She's currently awaiting her first appearance in court and faces felony burglary charges.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday