HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Surveillance video shows the confrontation between a Holmen business owner and an intruder.
37-year-old Amy Zielke is accused of breaking into Gibbons Auto Service early Monday morning.
The owner of the business, Dave Gibbons, lives above the shop and says he heard a car pull in.
He went downstairs to confront Zielke after he saw her on security cameras. The video shows Zielke was wearing a hood over her head.
Gibbons says Zielke dropped a crowbar and he shot her in the leg.
Zielke was arrested and treated at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. She's since been released and is in the La Crosse Co. Jail.
She's currently awaiting her first appearance in court and faces felony burglary charges.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation