HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Surveillance video shows the confrontation between a Holmen business owner and an intruder.
37-year-old Amy Zielke is accused of breaking into Gibbons Auto Service early Monday morning.
The owner of the business, Dave Gibbons, lives above the shop and says he heard a car pull in.
He went downstairs to confront Zielke after he saw her on security cameras. The video shows Zielke was wearing a hood over her head.
Gibbons says Zielke dropped a crowbar and he shot her in the leg.
Zielke was arrested and treated at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. She's since been released and is in the La Crosse Co. Jail.
She's currently awaiting her first appearance in court and faces felony burglary charges.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016