MILWAUKEE (AP) - The number of people who went to Summerfest in Milwaukee grew this year over last year.
According to Milwaukee World Festival, which runs the music festival, preliminary data indicates more than 840,000 people came through the gates, a more than 4 percent increase over 2012.
Food and beverage sales also increased by 7 percent.
The 11-day lakefront festival event bills itself as the world's largest music festival. It wrapped up Sunday. It has over 1,000 performances on 11 stages. This year included the Violent Femmes, The Avett Brothers, Billy Idol, Imagine Dragons, Rick Springfield, Nelly and Foreigner.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser