MILWAUKEE (AP) - The number of people who went to Summerfest in Milwaukee grew this year over last year.
According to Milwaukee World Festival, which runs the music festival, preliminary data indicates more than 840,000 people came through the gates, a more than 4 percent increase over 2012.
Food and beverage sales also increased by 7 percent.
The 11-day lakefront festival event bills itself as the world's largest music festival. It wrapped up Sunday. It has over 1,000 performances on 11 stages. This year included the Violent Femmes, The Avett Brothers, Billy Idol, Imagine Dragons, Rick Springfield, Nelly and Foreigner.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract