SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Patients in The Children's Miracle Network Hospital receive an extra special gift.
It's all thanks to a fundraising effort by students in the Key Club at Sparta High school. Members in the club volunteer their time to help organizations throughout the area. The group presented a check worth $1,200 Tuesday to representatives from the Miracle Network hospital. The student's raised the money by hosting a dessert tasting and gift basket raffle as part of their 'The Sweet Dreams fundraiser.'
Members of the Key club say the experience is a great way to give to those who need it the most.
"It really feels like we are helping out around the community and just the fact that we are making a difference in so many families it feels really good," said Sophie Schmitz.
The club hopes to make the fundraiser an annual event.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump