SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Patients in The Children's Miracle Network Hospital receive an extra special gift.
It's all thanks to a fundraising effort by students in the Key Club at Sparta High school. Members in the club volunteer their time to help organizations throughout the area. The group presented a check worth $1,200 Tuesday to representatives from the Miracle Network hospital. The student's raised the money by hosting a dessert tasting and gift basket raffle as part of their 'The Sweet Dreams fundraiser.'
Members of the Key club say the experience is a great way to give to those who need it the most.
"It really feels like we are helping out around the community and just the fact that we are making a difference in so many families it feels really good," said Sophie Schmitz.
The club hopes to make the fundraiser an annual event.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East