LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College students are stepping up to put food on their classmates' tables.
They hosted a kick-off food drive Thursday for the newly-created Cavalier Cupboard. It will be a campus food pantry for the students to use.
A student started the idea after realizing some of her classmates were going without a meal.
Students will be allowed to visit once a week and get enough food for three or four meals. "I'm just really thankful that we're able to serve our students and to help them eliminate their stress in life. I feel that this will make them more academically successful," said Western's Community Engagement Coordinator Kari Reyburn.
The pantry is partnering with the Hunger Task Force to get some supplies.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday