LA CROSSE, WI - Street construction around La Crosse should be wrapping up soon. Some projects are even finishing ahead of schedule.
The Niedbalski Bridge reopened Friday, two weeks earlier than planned. It feeds traffic to Isle La Plume and the yard waste site.
Other projects like 33rd street, East Avenue, and Main Street need to be done within the next month. "As the weather gets colder, the Mathy asphalt plant looks at closing generally the third week or so of November, right before Thanksgiving, so a lot of projects have to be wrapped up, so we're depending on mother nature to help us out," said La Crosse Public Works Director Dale Hexom.
He says the dry summer helped move the projects along quickly.22519860
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts