MADISON, WI (AP) - The deadline to sign up for Wisconsin's no-call list is Saturday.
Anyone who signs up by that deadline will receive protections from unwanted telemarketing calls starting Jan. 1.
The list is updated four times a year but those who miss Saturday's deadline won't be added to the list until April 1. Registrations are good for two years.
The free service is managed by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. The service is available for residential, voice over Internet and cellular phones.
Political calls, calls from nonprofit organizations and calls made in response to a written or verbal request or permission are not covered.
To sign up call 1-866-9NO CALL. You can also sign up online at NoCall.Wisconsin.gov .23158750
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners