VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 45-year-old woman died after her minivan struck another vehicle head-on Monday night in the Town of Bergen, north of Stoddard, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Eunice H. Beagle, 45, of Stoddard, was driving a minivan southbound on State Highway 35 just north of Windwalker Trail. When she tried to pass another vehicle, she collided head-on with a northbound vehicle operated by Dorothy J. Roth, 68, of La Crosse, the Sheriff's Office said.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts and the air bags deployed in their vehicles. The Stoddard-Bergen Fire Department extricated both drivers from their vehicles.
Beagle and Roth were both transported to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. The Sheriff's Office said Beagle died from her injuries. Roth was treated for multiple injuries.
This crash marks the first traffic fatality in Vernon County this year.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests