VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 45-year-old woman died after her minivan struck another vehicle head-on Monday night in the Town of Bergen, north of Stoddard, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Eunice H. Beagle, 45, of Stoddard, was driving a minivan southbound on State Highway 35 just north of Windwalker Trail. When she tried to pass another vehicle, she collided head-on with a northbound vehicle operated by Dorothy J. Roth, 68, of La Crosse, the Sheriff's Office said.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts and the air bags deployed in their vehicles. The Stoddard-Bergen Fire Department extricated both drivers from their vehicles.
Beagle and Roth were both transported to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. The Sheriff's Office said Beagle died from her injuries. Roth was treated for multiple injuries.
This crash marks the first traffic fatality in Vernon County this year.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online