VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 45-year-old woman died after her minivan struck another vehicle head-on Monday night in the Town of Bergen, north of Stoddard, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Eunice H. Beagle, 45, of Stoddard, was driving a minivan southbound on State Highway 35 just north of Windwalker Trail. When she tried to pass another vehicle, she collided head-on with a northbound vehicle operated by Dorothy J. Roth, 68, of La Crosse, the Sheriff's Office said.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts and the air bags deployed in their vehicles. The Stoddard-Bergen Fire Department extricated both drivers from their vehicles.
Beagle and Roth were both transported to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. The Sheriff's Office said Beagle died from her injuries. Roth was treated for multiple injuries.
This crash marks the first traffic fatality in Vernon County this year.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Teacher, student kidney transplant set for Wednesday
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- U of Minnesota law professor charged with sex assault
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus