LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin State Senator Jennifer Shilling is back in Wisconsin after attending the White House Summit on Working Families in Washington, D.C.
At the summit, Sen. Shilling met with President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Dr. Jill Biden and other leaders from across the country to talk about the challenges facing working parents and how they can help families succeed.
Sen. Shilling stopped by the News 8 studio to talk about workplace flexibility for parents, the challenges faced by working families and how lawmakers feel improved flexibility will be beneficial for not only families, but also companies and the state of Wisconsin as a whole.
You can watch the entire interview in the video above.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks