LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin State Senator Jennifer Shilling is back in Wisconsin after attending the White House Summit on Working Families in Washington, D.C.
At the summit, Sen. Shilling met with President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Dr. Jill Biden and other leaders from across the country to talk about the challenges facing working parents and how they can help families succeed.
Sen. Shilling stopped by the News 8 studio to talk about workplace flexibility for parents, the challenges faced by working families and how lawmakers feel improved flexibility will be beneficial for not only families, but also companies and the state of Wisconsin as a whole.
You can watch the entire interview in the video above.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season