MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Military-themed plates benefiting the state's Veterans Trust Fund are the most popular among the 13 types of state special plates.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, as of July, more than 20,000 plates benefiting veterans were registered in Wisconsin. That total covers 51 versions promoting various military service or medal designations.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports the least popular were the "Lions Foundation" plates, which were purchased by 248 vehicle owners in the last fiscal year to benefit the Wisconsin Lions Foundation.
The issue of which groups get special license plates arose earlier this month during a legislative proposal to add an anti-abortion "Choose Life" plate to the lineup.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East