MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Unwanted text messages sent to cell phones from solicitors would be added to prohibited activity under Wisconsin's do not call list under a bill headed for debate in the state Senate.
The measure passed by a Senate committee earlier this week would expand the state's do not call list to include text messages. Currently the list bars audio calls from solicitors if a person has signed up to block them.
The list bars most solicitors, but does not prevent nonprofits from making calls or companies responding to requests for information or to current clients.
The bill is sponsored by Republican Sen. Van Wanggaard of Racine and could be taken up by the full Senate as early as next week.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government