MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Unwanted text messages sent to cell phones from solicitors would be added to prohibited activity under Wisconsin's do not call list under a bill headed for debate in the state Senate.
The measure passed by a Senate committee earlier this week would expand the state's do not call list to include text messages. Currently the list bars audio calls from solicitors if a person has signed up to block them.
The list bars most solicitors, but does not prevent nonprofits from making calls or companies responding to requests for information or to current clients.
The bill is sponsored by Republican Sen. Van Wanggaard of Racine and could be taken up by the full Senate as early as next week.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death