MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested Sunday morning after running from police who were pursuing him for allegedly stealing a tip jar from a Starbucks, according to a release.
Kirk L. Becker, 53, took the tip jar from the Starbucks at 1 E. Main St. around 8:25 a.m. after the barista turned down his request for free coffee, police said.
According to the release, Becker said, "There are homeless people out here. You should invite them in for free coffee."
When the barista told Becker that would be against the store's policy, he called her selfish and grabbed the tip jar with a couple dollars in it, police said.
As Becker attempted to run from officers he yelled, "You can't catch me," according to the release. Police were able to take Becker into custody, and as they handcuffed him he shouted, "I do not forgive you."
Becker faces tentative charges of theft and resisting or obstructing an officer.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says