MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested Sunday morning after running from police who were pursuing him for allegedly stealing a tip jar from a Starbucks, according to a release.
Kirk L. Becker, 53, took the tip jar from the Starbucks at 1 E. Main St. around 8:25 a.m. after the barista turned down his request for free coffee, police said.
According to the release, Becker said, "There are homeless people out here. You should invite them in for free coffee."
When the barista told Becker that would be against the store's policy, he called her selfish and grabbed the tip jar with a couple dollars in it, police said.
As Becker attempted to run from officers he yelled, "You can't catch me," according to the release. Police were able to take Becker into custody, and as they handcuffed him he shouted, "I do not forgive you."
Becker faces tentative charges of theft and resisting or obstructing an officer.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations