LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Washburn Neighborhood Association donated $950 to the St. Clare Health Mission on Tuesday morning.
Community members paid $30 to use a plot in the neighborhood garden, which is a collaboration between the Washburn Neighborhood and Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare.19285058
"The whole relationship...the whole idea that we're paying to use the garden, but then what we pay is going to another greater benefit. It's a great idea," said Vicki Unferth of the Washburn Neighborhood Association.
Ten-percent of the garden produce that is grown each year is donated to various agencies to provide meals for those in need in our community.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin