LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Washburn Neighborhood Association donated $950 to the St. Clare Health Mission on Tuesday morning.
Community members paid $30 to use a plot in the neighborhood garden, which is a collaboration between the Washburn Neighborhood and Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare.19285058
"The whole relationship...the whole idea that we're paying to use the garden, but then what we pay is going to another greater benefit. It's a great idea," said Vicki Unferth of the Washburn Neighborhood Association.
Ten-percent of the garden produce that is grown each year is donated to various agencies to provide meals for those in need in our community.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking