LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The YMCA is hoping to get the wheels of its annual campaign spinning with one of its first fundraisers since re-branding.
They're bringing back the Spin-a-thon, an eight hour marathon on the bikes at both area Y's.
People pay a fee to hop on for an hour, or all eight, for a chance to win a number of prizes.
Everything raised goes to the Y's annual campaign which helps adults and youth have access to vital community programs and resources that support youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. "It's a different way to raise money, everyone gets a chance to win prizes, and we do have a lot from the community and since you can dress up to win prizes and we're having different themes, it makes it a little more fun and unique," said Rachel Hendrickson from the Y.
The Spin-a-thon is this Saturday from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. You can sign-up at the members services desk. Registration ends on Wednesday.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather