LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The YMCA is hoping to get the wheels of its annual campaign spinning with one of its first fundraisers since re-branding.
They're bringing back the Spin-a-thon, an eight hour marathon on the bikes at both area Y's.
People pay a fee to hop on for an hour, or all eight, for a chance to win a number of prizes.
Everything raised goes to the Y's annual campaign which helps adults and youth have access to vital community programs and resources that support youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. "It's a different way to raise money, everyone gets a chance to win prizes, and we do have a lot from the community and since you can dress up to win prizes and we're having different themes, it makes it a little more fun and unique," said Rachel Hendrickson from the Y.
The Spin-a-thon is this Saturday from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. You can sign-up at the members services desk. Registration ends on Wednesday.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests