LA CROSSE, Wis. - The doors to the first year-round school in Western Wisconsin open July 18.
The early start date is a part of a pilot program in the La Crosse School District. Hamilton Early Learning Center is now operating under a 45-15 year-round school model.
The schedule will offer students nine-weeks, or 45 days, of instruction with a three-week, or 15 day, break throughout the school year.
You can learn all about the alternative calendar in this News 8 Special Presentation: Assignment: Education - Year-Round School. Watch the video below!21008252
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river