LA CROSSE, Wis. - The doors to the first year-round school in Western Wisconsin open July 18.
The early start date is a part of a pilot program in the La Crosse School District. Hamilton Early Learning Center is now operating under a 45-15 year-round school model.
The schedule will offer students nine-weeks, or 45 days, of instruction with a three-week, or 15 day, break throughout the school year.
You can learn all about the alternative calendar in this News 8 Special Presentation: Assignment: Education - Year-Round School. Watch the video below!21008252
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl