SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A 34-year-old Sparta snowmobiler was injured in a crash on a designated snowmobile trail near State Highway 16 at Julie Avenue on Saturday night.
Sparta police said it appeared Jason Cerda-Reyes was traveling at a high rate of speed when the snowmobile went airborne, flipped several times and threw him from the machine. The crash happened at about 7:35 p.m.
Cerda-Reyes was transported to Mayo Clinic Health Systems Sparta campus with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.