SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Sparta police officer retraced a cab driver's route and was able to find and return his missing money bag.
On May 18 at about 4:25 a.m., a Sparta cab driver reported his money bag, which contained between $200-600, was missing but he was not sure if it was lost or stolen.
A Sparta police officer got a detailed description of the cab driver's activity for the night and started to retrace the driver's route. The officer found the bag lying in the roadway on Water Street near Franklin Street with the money inside. The officer returned the bag to the driver who verified nothing was missing.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering