SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Sparta police officer retraced a cab driver's route and was able to find and return his missing money bag.
On May 18 at about 4:25 a.m., a Sparta cab driver reported his money bag, which contained between $200-600, was missing but he was not sure if it was lost or stolen.
A Sparta police officer got a detailed description of the cab driver's activity for the night and started to retrace the driver's route. The officer found the bag lying in the roadway on Water Street near Franklin Street with the money inside. The officer returned the bag to the driver who verified nothing was missing.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment