ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A space heater is the likely cause of a fire at an Onalaska home.
At about 9 a.m. Friday, the Onalaska Fire Department responded to a call on the 400 block of 8th Avenue South.
When firefighters arrived, there was no visible smoke coming from the home, but they saw signs of excessive heat build-up in a living quarter above the home's garage. The firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire behind some paneling.
The heat build-up caused smoldering and smoke inside the walls. The fire was located and put-out within minutes.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game