ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A space heater is the likely cause of a fire at an Onalaska home.
At about 9 a.m. Friday, the Onalaska Fire Department responded to a call on the 400 block of 8th Avenue South.
When firefighters arrived, there was no visible smoke coming from the home, but they saw signs of excessive heat build-up in a living quarter above the home's garage. The firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire behind some paneling.
The heat build-up caused smoldering and smoke inside the walls. The fire was located and put-out within minutes.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.