LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There was a new face in charge of Southern Bluffs Elementary school, at least for Friday.
Emma Fischer is usually a second grader at the school, but Friday she was the principal. She won the honor at the school's holiday fair. And no surprise, he had a busy schedule. "I eat lunch with the principal and after this we might go visit classrooms," said Emma.
"I know staff will have important questions and decision that she'll need to make throughout the day," said Principal Lisa Schreiner.
Talk about the perfect opportunity, Emma wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
However, even being principal can't get you out of school work. Emma still had to take her spelling test Friday.23876746
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US