LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There was a new face in charge of Southern Bluffs Elementary school, at least for Friday.
Emma Fischer is usually a second grader at the school, but Friday she was the principal. She won the honor at the school's holiday fair. And no surprise, he had a busy schedule. "I eat lunch with the principal and after this we might go visit classrooms," said Emma.
"I know staff will have important questions and decision that she'll need to make throughout the day," said Principal Lisa Schreiner.
Talk about the perfect opportunity, Emma wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
However, even being principal can't get you out of school work. Emma still had to take her spelling test Friday.23876746
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016