COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is traveling to Wisconsin next week to campaign for Gov. Scott Walker.
Haley spokesman Rob Godfrey said Wednesday that Haley will make the trip June 1. Walker's campaign is covering her expenses.
Walker faces Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in the June 5 recall election. Godfrey says Walker asked Haley to help him out.
Godfrey says Haley agreed because Walker's fight is about more than Wisconsin. He says the recall is about a courageous governor who carries out his promises regardless of the pushback.
The effort by Democrats and union leaders to recall Walker began after he successfully pushed to remove the collective bargaining power of public employee unions.
Haley frequently bashes unions and considers South Carolina's low union membership rate an economic development tool.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest