LA CROSSE, Wis. - Super Bowl Sunday is less than a week away. And while you're gathering with friends to watch the big game, you have a chance to help out people in need.
The Hunger Task Force is holding its fourth annual Soup-er Bowl food drive. They are teaming up with the Tavern League and La Crosse Beverage to collect food donations.
55 local establishments are competing to see who can collect the most food during the big game.
Last year, they collected more than 863,000 pounds of food that helped more than 60 agencies. "If you have a favorite establishment, chances are they are probably doing this football drive, so bring in your canned goods, get entered for those prizes and if you want to donate you can just, even if you're not watching the game, stop in to those places and say this is for the Hunger Task Force donation," said Hunger Task Force Executive Director Shelly Krause.
Donations have already started and will run through Super Bowl Sunday.
For a complete list of the participating taverns, just log onto lacrossehtf.org. Everyone who donates gets entered into a chance to win prizes.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion