LODI, Wis. - A high school softball coach has been suspended for two games over a Facebook post about killing raccoons at her house.
Jamie Midthun is the Lodi High School softball team’s head coach.
In the Facebook post, she references throwing a bucket of softballs “carnival style” at a raccoon. A screenshot of the post was sent to a Wisconsin wildlife social media page and shared dozens of times.
Lodi District Administrator Charles Purcell confirmed to News 3 that Midthun will also be subject to other discipline because of the post, but said he could not comment further since it was a personnel matter.
She has apologized for her post.
- Mug Shot of the Day - Selma from Winona
- Local event hopes to bring relief to areas affected by natural disasters
- Speaker discusses racial history in La Crosse
- First annual 'fall in Love with Your Neighborhood' event hopes to bring community members together
- 26th annual State Bank Financial Chili Cookoff raises money for local programs
- Tainted gasoline delivered to La Crosse, La Crescent, surrounding areas
- Student leaders want say in University of Wisconsin merger
- Renewable energy jobs up 16 percent in Minnesota
- Paul Ryan says he's "bullish" on tax overhaul passing
- Wet autumn delays Minnesota harvest, worries farmers
- Fans petition Packers to sign Kaepernick
- Second body recovered from crashed plane
- Invasive fruit flies damage Minnesota fruit
- Menomonie police car hit person lying on a road
- Tasty breakfast scramble recipe