LA CROSSE, Wis. - Snow totals ranging between four and seven inches in La Crosse County this week means officials are reopening snowmobile trails.
The La Crosse County Snowmobile Alliance says all trails are being reopened at noon on Friday, Feb. 1st.
High winds have left some bare spots, and there may be ice or even water on some trails because of last weekend's rain and ice storm. Groomer operators also report several downed trees.
The Alliance says it's Trail Condition Hotline is currently out of order, but should be working soon. The number is (608)782-4500.
To check on the condition of snowmobile trails in Vernon County call (608)637-5481. The number to hear conditions on Crawford County trails is 326-0270.18379866
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks