LA CROSSE, Wis. - A delay to summer vacation for kids in La Crosse because of make-up snow days could also mean a late start for some summer programs.
The Park and Rec Department is trying to figure out what three extra school days in June means for summer programs.
Kids will still be in school when things like tennis lessons and summer camps are scheduled to get underway. "We may have to cancel the first week, but we just have to wait and see how many more days we have to make up," said Park and Rec Supervisor Jay Odegaard.
Another problem could be opening the pools since a number of life guards are high school students.24188512
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US