LA CROSSE, Wis. - A delay to summer vacation for kids in La Crosse because of make-up snow days could also mean a late start for some summer programs.
The Park and Rec Department is trying to figure out what three extra school days in June means for summer programs.
Kids will still be in school when things like tennis lessons and summer camps are scheduled to get underway. "We may have to cancel the first week, but we just have to wait and see how many more days we have to make up," said Park and Rec Supervisor Jay Odegaard.
Another problem could be opening the pools since a number of life guards are high school students.24188512
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.