LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The cold weather means the school year in the La Crosse School District will last a little longer.
The school built one weather day into its schedule. That was used up when classes were canceled on Monday.
To make up for Tuesday's cancellation, an additional class day is scheduled for Friday, June 6th. Superintendent Randy Nelson says any further cancellations will be added in June. "When you consider that we have young children, some of them walking quite a distance to school in the morning we have to consider their safety first, even if it means that we have to add a day out there in June," said Nelson.
Nelson fully expects classes to resume on Wednesday and asks parents to make sure kids are bundled up for the cold.23824006
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death