LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The cold weather means the school year in the La Crosse School District will last a little longer.
The school built one weather day into its schedule. That was used up when classes were canceled on Monday.
To make up for Tuesday's cancellation, an additional class day is scheduled for Friday, June 6th. Superintendent Randy Nelson says any further cancellations will be added in June. "When you consider that we have young children, some of them walking quite a distance to school in the morning we have to consider their safety first, even if it means that we have to add a day out there in June," said Nelson.
Nelson fully expects classes to resume on Wednesday and asks parents to make sure kids are bundled up for the cold.23824006
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse