Some high flying action is happening in our area this weekend.
Crews are grooming the ski hill in Westby for the annual Snowflake Ski Jump.
The skiers took their first training runs Thursday night.
Organizers want to make sure everyone has the chance to enjoy the event. There's special parking for people with handicaps with a great view of the jump., and once again Veterans get in for free.
"Westby's really a pretty unique area, I think, in terms of loyalty and patriotism and so we want to recognize those men and women who serve now and who have served, especially during the last 10, 11 years," said Tom Sharratt from the Snowflake Ski Club.
Opening ceremonies are Friday, Jan. 31st at 7:00 p.m. The competition continues through Saturday.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families