Some high flying action is happening in our area this weekend.
Crews are grooming the ski hill in Westby for the annual Snowflake Ski Jump.
The skiers took their first training runs Thursday night.
Organizers want to make sure everyone has the chance to enjoy the event. There's special parking for people with handicaps with a great view of the jump., and once again Veterans get in for free.
"Westby's really a pretty unique area, I think, in terms of loyalty and patriotism and so we want to recognize those men and women who serve now and who have served, especially during the last 10, 11 years," said Tom Sharratt from the Snowflake Ski Club.
Opening ceremonies are Friday, Jan. 31st at 7:00 p.m. The competition continues through Saturday.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance