FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- A signature bond has been set for a Campbellsport teen accused of accidentally shooting a 7-year-old girl with a bow and arrow.
Sixteen-year-old Casey Bennett made his first appearance in adult court Tuesday. He's charged with second-degree reckless injury and obstructing an officer.
Bennett told authorities he was shooting at squirrels in May, when an arrow hit Aryanna Schneeberg in the back while she was playing outside her home. Doctors at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin said the girl was "lucky to be alive" after the arrow sliced through her spleen, stomach, diaphragm and lung before stopping at her liver.
WLUK-TV says a judge in Fond du Lac County set a $50,000 signature bond for Bennett, whose case was moved from juvenile to adult court.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student