FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- A signature bond has been set for a Campbellsport teen accused of accidentally shooting a 7-year-old girl with a bow and arrow.
Sixteen-year-old Casey Bennett made his first appearance in adult court Tuesday. He's charged with second-degree reckless injury and obstructing an officer.
Bennett told authorities he was shooting at squirrels in May, when an arrow hit Aryanna Schneeberg in the back while she was playing outside her home. Doctors at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin said the girl was "lucky to be alive" after the arrow sliced through her spleen, stomach, diaphragm and lung before stopping at her liver.
WLUK-TV says a judge in Fond du Lac County set a $50,000 signature bond for Bennett, whose case was moved from juvenile to adult court.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016