MADISON, Wis. - A woman tried to steal more than $1,500 in merchandise from a store by hiding it in grocery bags on Friday, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Laurie S. Blanchard, 54, of Blue River, brought a cart from a grocery store into Macy at Hilldale Mall and loaded grocery bags with stolen jewelry, purses and other items. A security guard spotted Blanchard and stopped her after she passed the checkouts.
Blanchard was arrested on suspicion of retail theft.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked