MADISON, Wis. - A woman tried to steal more than $1,500 in merchandise from a store by hiding it in grocery bags on Friday, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Laurie S. Blanchard, 54, of Blue River, brought a cart from a grocery store into Macy at Hilldale Mall and loaded grocery bags with stolen jewelry, purses and other items. A security guard spotted Blanchard and stopped her after she passed the checkouts.
Blanchard was arrested on suspicion of retail theft.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants