LA CROSSE, Wis. - Lung cancer is the deadliest form of cancer throughout the United States.
To remember those lost, Gundersen Lutheran is joining 90 communities throughout the nation to "Shine a Light on Lung Cancer."
A speaker at an event in La Crosse Thursday night is a 7-year survivor of lung cancer and wants to spread awareness throughout the area. "Understand lung cancer, understand the lack of funding there is for lung cancer, understand what the causes are, what you can do with the symptoms, you need to learn about lung cancer," said Sue Eber.
This is the second time our area has participated.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated