LA CROSSE, Wis. - Lung cancer is the deadliest form of cancer throughout the United States.
To remember those lost, Gundersen Lutheran is joining 90 communities throughout the nation to "Shine a Light on Lung Cancer."
A speaker at an event in La Crosse Thursday night is a 7-year survivor of lung cancer and wants to spread awareness throughout the area. "Understand lung cancer, understand the lack of funding there is for lung cancer, understand what the causes are, what you can do with the symptoms, you need to learn about lung cancer," said Sue Eber.
This is the second time our area has participated.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting