VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - Absentee ballots from three municipalities in Vernon County could be thrown out as part of the recount in the 32nd State Senate District in Wisconsin between Incumbent Democrat Jennifer Shilling and Republican challenger Dan Kapanke.
The Shilling campaign tells News 8 that Kapanke is challenging all of the absentee ballots in three municipalities in the county and those ballots could possibly end up being thrown out.
Clerical errors were made that affect the ballots in three municipalities/townships. It isn't known yet if other municipalities are also affected.
The Vernon County Clerk is scheduled to meet with canvassers Thursday morning to determine whether to include the votes in the recount or throw them out.
The clerk will hold a public discussion on the issue following that meeting Thursday morning at 9 at the Vernon County courthouse.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration