TOWN OF BIG FLATS, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say an Adams County sheriff's deputy and a man have been shot and wounded.
The sheriff's department says the deputy responded to a complaint of suspicious activity in the Town of Big Flats about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. An officer from the Rome Police Department also responded.
WISC-TV says officers made contact with someone inside a home in Big Flats and shots were fired. The deputy and man were injured and were taken by helicopter to a trauma center.
No other details have been provided.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure