TOWN OF BIG FLATS, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say an Adams County sheriff's deputy and a man have been shot and wounded.
The sheriff's department says the deputy responded to a complaint of suspicious activity in the Town of Big Flats about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. An officer from the Rome Police Department also responded.
WISC-TV says officers made contact with someone inside a home in Big Flats and shots were fired. The deputy and man were injured and were taken by helicopter to a trauma center.
No other details have been provided.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Court upholds order for fingerprint to unlock cellphone