OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - Winnebago County authorities say the body of a skydiver has been found in an Oshkosh-area lake.
A dive team began searching for the skydiving instructor after wind pushed him off course and into Lake Butte des Morts on Tuesday. The instructor was making a tandem 10,000-foot jump with a student.
Officials say the student swam to shore for help about 12:30 p.m. and was not injured.
The sheriff's department says the instructor's body was found shortly before 5:30 p.m. His name has not been released pending notification of relatives.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands