OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - Winnebago County authorities say the body of a skydiver has been found in an Oshkosh-area lake.
A dive team began searching for the skydiving instructor after wind pushed him off course and into Lake Butte des Morts on Tuesday. The instructor was making a tandem 10,000-foot jump with a student.
Officials say the student swam to shore for help about 12:30 p.m. and was not injured.
The sheriff's department says the instructor's body was found shortly before 5:30 p.m. His name has not been released pending notification of relatives.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest