TOMAH, Wis. (AP) -- - Authorities have released the name of a 50-year-old man who died after a house fire in west-central Wisconsin.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin identifies the victim as Raymond Loendorf.
The sheriff's department says a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found Loendorf unconscious in the basement of the home in the town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The cause of the fire was under investigation. Foul play was not suspected.17791878
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing