TOMAH, Wis. (AP) -- - Authorities have released the name of a 50-year-old man who died after a house fire in west-central Wisconsin.
Monroe County Sheriff Pete Quirin identifies the victim as Raymond Loendorf.
The sheriff's department says a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found Loendorf unconscious in the basement of the home in the town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The cause of the fire was under investigation. Foul play was not suspected.17791878
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather