BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - A contracted employee at the Jackson County Correctional Institute is facing charges for delivering cell phones to inmates.
The Jackson County Sheriff says 52-year-old Karen Robertson of Sparta was paid by the inmates to get the two phones inside the facility.
She was contracted by the institute to provide alcohol and drug counseling.
Other inmates tipped off the sheriff's office to what was happening about two weeks ago.
Robertson is facing two felony charges of delivering illegal articles to inmates.23863718
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says