BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - A contracted employee at the Jackson County Correctional Institute is facing charges for delivering cell phones to inmates.
The Jackson County Sheriff says 52-year-old Karen Robertson of Sparta was paid by the inmates to get the two phones inside the facility.
She was contracted by the institute to provide alcohol and drug counseling.
Other inmates tipped off the sheriff's office to what was happening about two weeks ago.
Robertson is facing two felony charges of delivering illegal articles to inmates.23863718
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game