TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Shannon Hough has won the Tomah mayoral election on Tuesday.
Hough beat Le Roy Kelsey 806 to 504. Tomah City Administrator Roger Gorius said if Kelsey won the Tomah mayoral election, he would not be allowed to be sworn in because he is a convicted felon.
A criminal complaint was filed against Kelsey in March. He has been charged with two counts of felony false swearing. Kelsey was convicted of felony for taking nearly $7,000 from the Sparta American Legion in 1990.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales