TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Shannon Hough has won the Tomah mayoral election on Tuesday.
Hough beat Le Roy Kelsey 806 to 504. Tomah City Administrator Roger Gorius said if Kelsey won the Tomah mayoral election, he would not be allowed to be sworn in because he is a convicted felon.
A criminal complaint was filed against Kelsey in March. He has been charged with two counts of felony false swearing. Kelsey was convicted of felony for taking nearly $7,000 from the Sparta American Legion in 1990.
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- Woman injured in Vernon County car, horse and buggy crash
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Tomah VA says progress made since 2014 overdose death
- Area fire departments want you to help 'keep the wreath green'
- Chronic wasting disease found in buck on Winona County farm
- New medication drop-off box now available in La Crosse
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis