TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Shannon Hough has won the Tomah mayoral election on Tuesday.
Hough beat Le Roy Kelsey 806 to 504. Tomah City Administrator Roger Gorius said if Kelsey won the Tomah mayoral election, he would not be allowed to be sworn in because he is a convicted felon.
A criminal complaint was filed against Kelsey in March. He has been charged with two counts of felony false swearing. Kelsey was convicted of felony for taking nearly $7,000 from the Sparta American Legion in 1990.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans