VIROQUA, Wis. -- A sexual assault charge is dropped against a Vernon County police chief arrested for alleged misconduct in office.
Shay Larson was arrested last month on charges he used his position as police chief in Readstown to gain sexual favors and for lying to investigators.
Larson was also charged with sexual assault after a teenage boy told investigators Larson groped him and told him not to tell anyone.
The assault charge against Larson was dropped in a hearing Wednesday afternoon in Vernon County Court. News 8 could not confirm Wednesday why the charge against Larson was dropped.
Larson is next scheduled to appear in court in late April.10226804
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US