VIROQUA, Wis. -- A sexual assault charge is dropped against a Vernon County police chief arrested for alleged misconduct in office.
Shay Larson was arrested last month on charges he used his position as police chief in Readstown to gain sexual favors and for lying to investigators.
Larson was also charged with sexual assault after a teenage boy told investigators Larson groped him and told him not to tell anyone.
The assault charge against Larson was dropped in a hearing Wednesday afternoon in Vernon County Court. News 8 could not confirm Wednesday why the charge against Larson was dropped.
Larson is next scheduled to appear in court in late April.10226804
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion