LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Severe storms moving through our area downed trees and cut power late Monday night.
There were several downed trees in the parking lot near UW-La Crosse's Eagle Hall. The parking lot was mostly empty during the storm, but one tree did land on one of the few cars there at the time.
Crews also had to close one lane of La Crosse Street while they cleared it of a fallen tree.
Some residents on La Crosse's southside lost power during the storm. XCel Energy expected power to be restored around 1 a.m. Tuesday.
Watch News 8 This Morning for the latest on severe weather.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure