LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Severe storms moving through our area downed trees and cut power late Monday night.
There were several downed trees in the parking lot near UW-La Crosse's Eagle Hall. The parking lot was mostly empty during the storm, but one tree did land on one of the few cars there at the time.
Crews also had to close one lane of La Crosse Street while they cleared it of a fallen tree.
Some residents on La Crosse's southside lost power during the storm. XCel Energy expected power to be restored around 1 a.m. Tuesday.
Watch News 8 This Morning for the latest on severe weather.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore