LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Soon our community will be represented on a national stage at the Miss America Pageant.
Miss Wisconsin Raeanna Johnson, a Holmen native, held a Miss America Pageant send off Sunday.
At the event, Johnson previewed her Miss America wardrobe and performed her on stage talents. Meet and greets were held afterwards.
Johnson says it means a lot to represent the Coulee Region. "It truly is a dream come true for me to be representing my home town, my home state at the national level and being there with all these other girls that are representing their home towns and states as well, it's a very humbling feeling and it really gives me a great sense of pride to be to be, able to do that for those that I love," said Johnson.
Johnson leaves for Atlantic City on Labor Day. The Miss America pageant airs on September 14th.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp