LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Soon our community will be represented on a national stage at the Miss America Pageant.
Miss Wisconsin Raeanna Johnson, a Holmen native, held a Miss America Pageant send off Sunday.
At the event, Johnson previewed her Miss America wardrobe and performed her on stage talents. Meet and greets were held afterwards.
Johnson says it means a lot to represent the Coulee Region. "It truly is a dream come true for me to be representing my home town, my home state at the national level and being there with all these other girls that are representing their home towns and states as well, it's a very humbling feeling and it really gives me a great sense of pride to be to be, able to do that for those that I love," said Johnson.
Johnson leaves for Atlantic City on Labor Day. The Miss America pageant airs on September 14th.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river