LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Soon our community will be represented on a national stage at the Miss America Pageant.
Miss Wisconsin Raeanna Johnson, a Holmen native, held a Miss America Pageant send off Sunday.
At the event, Johnson previewed her Miss America wardrobe and performed her on stage talents. Meet and greets were held afterwards.
Johnson says it means a lot to represent the Coulee Region. "It truly is a dream come true for me to be representing my home town, my home state at the national level and being there with all these other girls that are representing their home towns and states as well, it's a very humbling feeling and it really gives me a great sense of pride to be to be, able to do that for those that I love," said Johnson.
Johnson leaves for Atlantic City on Labor Day. The Miss America pageant airs on September 14th.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases